Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Hockey Returns to Los Angeles

While certainly not the biggest news of the week, this article hit home the hardest for me. Hockey has been a major part of my life for all of my life, and last years lockout was truly devastating for me. The lockout ended on paper a few months ago, but that was only on paper. This Saturday, the Los Angeles Kings took the ice for the first time in about a year and a half. The articles author, Chris Foster, does a wonderful job describing the atmosphere. The first dropped puck. The first glove save. The first goal. The first fight. The screaming fans. I can feel the cold air on my skin, and it gives me goosebumps. Hockey isn't just "back" in the corporate sense. It is finally being played once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home